Today I discovered a birthmark on the back of Brookie's head before her bath, just like the one I have on my right arm. I was pretty excited, you know, after the initial freak out thinking it was blood. That wasn't a great moment. She has it in a neat place too, where no one can see it and mistake it for a rash, like me. It kinda gets old having to explain that it's a birthmark after a while. But at least no one mistakes it for an inflicted mark like when I was a baby. Everyone who saw it questioned my poor parents. Thank god that won't have to be me. I couldn't imagine myself being too kind to anyone who would assume I beat my infant daughter. Heh.
She's discovered splashing, which I must admit is adorable even though now I can't give her a bath without being bathed myself.
Sunday we're all going to Brenda's house all day for a cookout. I'm psyched. Brenda hasn't seen me or Brookie since we were in the hospital, and now she can show off all of the cool things she's learned. I just wonder how long Brooke will let us stay there though, since she rules the kingdom, and it's her way or no way of course. I think she'll be fine. I just hope all of the people swooning over her doesn't freak her out. Haha.
<---That was an epic hair day. Too bad her hair's too long now for a decent mohawk. The batteries in her swing died today. While she was swinging away, having a ball. I felt so bad. But she had the weirdest, most adorable look on her face like "What the hell?". First the music malfunctioned and died, and then it stopped swinging, even though it was still attempting to. So I thought I would swoop in and save the day by manually swinging it for her. She didn't go for it. I guess it's just not the same. I wish she liked her bouncer so I could use that as an entertaining replacement until I get new batteries. I tried her out in it for the first time in a month today and it just made her nervous. What can I say, she's a swing girl.
I finally got around to watching The Wrestler last night. It was amazing. Really amazing. I highly recommend it. It's my favorite movie of the year so far, next to Milk and Slumdog Millionaire. Yeah yeah I know, what surprising favorites. But come on, they really do deserve all of the praise they've been getting.
Ummm let's see, what else....oh! Since I realized that I go through the pictures of Brookie way too often, all 614 of them, I finally set my screen saver to a really cool slideshow of them. I admit I'll miss my bubbles, but this one has that beat. By a long shot.
They say a birthmark is from when you get scared while pregnant, and you grab or hit yourself in that spot. Wise tales I guess!
ReplyDeleteI DO want to watch The Wrestler..
ReplyDeleteThanks for reminding me.