Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

As I'm sure you've assumed by my delayed update, the move is over with. *sigh of relief* We've been back for a little less than a week now and getting more and more settled each day. It feels amazing to be back. Almost like I never left, just took a long vacation, haha. I haven't felt more at home in a long, long time. Seeing my best friend for the first time in a year and a half, visiting all of the old familiar places, reuniting with great friends. It's all oh so wonderful. Not to mention Brooke has adjusted amazingly. I couldn't ask for a better home for her to be raised in. There's plenty of room for her to roam once she gets mobile, and by the looks of it that's not too far off. The house itself is great, and has a lot of potential. I'm crazy about the layout. I'm already planning out when I'm going to do with my bathroom and mine and Brooke's bedroom. I love how most of the house is tile, with parkay flooring in the two bedrooms, and carpet in the master bedroom. Perfect for when Brooke's ready for a walker.

The trip down here actually wasn't all that bad. Brooke was absolutely wonderful, but come on, when is she not? I only had one episode of insanity when she woke up completely starving at one point in the middle of the night and I had to scramble to make her a bottle in the dark of a cramped backseat while she was screaming her poor little head off, spilling nearly half of the can of powdered formula all over me and my seat in the process. Did I mention how that stuff was invented by Satan? Well, it was. Liquid concentrate all the way, baby.

The other day I went out for the first time since I've had Brooke. It was a double date. Me and Chris, and Erik and Brianna. It was nice. Really, really nice. I had such an awesome time. I almost forgot how fun it was to get out and socialize, haha. I felt like a young teenager again. We went to see The Haunting in Connecticut. Of course it sucked, but I didn't care, Chris and I were having too much fun with each other, much to the dismay of Erik and Brianna who were trying desperately to zone out our talking and watch the movie. So sorry, guys. ^_^ It's kinda crazy to think that I'm dating again. Or should I say, it's kinda crazy to think that I'm dating Chris finally. We were great friends for almost four years who had serious feelings for each other without ever knowing it. And now we're finally together. Life is funny. But in a very good way sometimes.

Brooke is in dreamland, and I just put my Red Hot Chili Peppers albums on my ipod. Between that and tonights Rescue Me, I'd say my day is complete.

Oh, and since Blogger is being a bitch and not letting me put pictures in my blog right now, I shall make another one dedicated entirely to pictures. It will be photo overload. Overload, I say!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm glad you're settling in comfortably. And I wish we had a little less carpet and a little more tile in this house for that exact reason >:|

    I know how you feel. Brian and I have 1-2 "dates" a month where we let my mom have Em and we go out and eat, or just hang out. We feel spoiled on those days, haha.

    ReplyDelete