I've come to terms with the fact that this thing is getting harder and harder to keep up with. Which sucks for me since long, drawn-out entries aren't really my thing. I find that when I do have the time to sit down and update, I'm not in the mood to type that much. Lazy is me, I know. Right now I'm not the happiest person you'll come across. This past week has easily been the most painful of my life.
I went into the hospital Thursday night after yet another unexplained bought of random excruciating pain that was getting progressively worse. After flailing on the hospital bed for a half hour begging for the DAMN DRUGS ALREADY, they gave me some Demerol, which didn't help my pain much, only made me out of it and unaware of everything. First they had to put me on a potassium drip because my blood work came back and apparently I was pretty deficient there. Let me tell you, that was hell in itself. It makes your entire arm well up with the worst pain you can imagine. It was brutal. Next I had my CT scan done, followed by an ultrasound of my chest. With that, the culprit of all of my pain and suffering was found: my gall bladder. It was in horrible, and I mean horrible shape. Inflamed, filled with stones, the whole nine yards. I guess this can sometimes happen after a pregnancy. How shitty is that? Anywho, next thing I know they schedule me for surgery and I'm in pre-op, with the doctor giving me and my mother all of the specifics, like the duration, risks, etc. It was only supposed to last a half hour.
I was in there for five hours.
When the doctor was operating, he found an extremely rare abnormality where a valve had formed at birth that ran from my gall bladder to my liver. He was baffled. They scheduled me to be whisked away via ambulance to Tampa General in the morning for a second operation. Luckily my liver tests came back "awesome" so an immediate operation isn't necessary, although it is recommended I get it checked out in the future.
Between all of the IV's, drugs, shots in the stomach, and the surgery and recovery in general, I am really beat up. I prefer labor to that by a long shot. I mean, I can handle the recovery period. What I can't handle is not being able to hold my own child. That's been the hardest thing, easily. Being in the hospital away from her for three days was one of the hardest things I have ever gone through. I was miserable being away from her. I have NEVER been away from her for more than a few hours before that. Now, when she's crying, I have to call for my mother to come to her rescue while I stand idly by and try and keep her happy. It. has. SUCKED. Luckily though I'll probably be back to new in a couple of weeks or so. And maybe, just maybe I can start lifting her before then. I don't want to push my luck.
She's going through a really curious phase. It is the most adorable thing. She wants to get her hands on everything and anything. The other day she amused herself for twenty minutes with a little Taco Bell bag. Haha. I haven't even been able to get pictures because my damn camera's batteries are dead and I have none, which means I need to go out and get some. Which I can't do thanks to the fact that I can't drive for a little while. Hopefully I'll remember to remind my mother tomorrow, because if I miss another moment of cuteness overload without a camera I'm going to lose it. A MOTHER NEEDS HER CAMERA! Though I'm sure she's loooving the break away from the always-looming lens, as much of a ham she is.
Hmm what else, what else....Oh, I am completely, totally, 100% convinced now that I want to do the Phlebotomy thing until I start college. Between the experience, the benefits, the decent pay, the environment, the minimal time it takes to get certified, and it being something that I'd love doing, I'm sold. I'm calling PHCC tomorrow about setting up a registration date. I am so excited, you have no idea. I can't wait to start my course. My phlebotomist at the hospital and I talked for a while about the job and how beneficial it is to someone who wants to be in the medical field.
Ahhh when will I be healed already?! I need to get this DONE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment